A good super glue is a necessity in pretty much any home – especially if you have kids that are prone to breaking things. Super glue has a ton of different uses which make it one of the most versatile adhesives available. But, which option is the best for you?
If you’re looking for a new super glue, then there’s a few different options that are currently available. Whilst they’re all similar in the way that they are made, there are some that perform better than others. So, here’s a list of the best super glues that are currently available.
Best Super Glue
Gorilla Glue Clear Super Glue
- No run control gel formula; great for use on vertical surfaces
- Anti clog cap: keeps glue from drying out, its Gorilla tough use after use
- Impact tough: unique rubber particles increase impact resistance and strength
- Fast-setting: dries in 10-30 seconds, no clamping required
- Versatile: bonds plastic, wood, metal, ceramic, rubber, leather, paper and more
Gorilla super glue is the best glue to use at the comfort of your home or workplace, on the small objects or materials. It is the perfect option for items you need to use immediately after fixing. It sets so fast and takes 10 to 45 seconds to dry after you apply it on your material that needs fixing. It’s highly efficient so you need to use just a little amount per fixing and of course depending on the size of material.
Once you apply it on your material and it sticks, the material will not fall loose again or fall apart due to impact the object may receive from dropping or getting hit. This glue is very strong and has high resistance to impact. These features it owes to the rubber particles added to the glue.
Gorilla super glue can be used on a variety of materials such as plastics, fabrics, metals, ceramics, and various others because of the cyanoacrylate which is one of its ingredient. This glue doesn’t limit the number of times you use it or how long you take before using it. It has a metal pin fitted on the inside of its anti-clog lid that makes it air-tight.
- Maximum-strength formula sets fast and delivers a durable, shock-resistant bond
- Ultra-thick, no-run gel is great for vertical surfaces and difficult, mismatched surfaces
- Designed to withstand impact and changes in temperature - ideal for objects used every day
- Extended tip makes it easy to get the super glue into tight spaces
- Bonds to a variety of porous and non-porous surfaces including ceramic, plastic, porcelain, metal, rubber and vinyl
Your perfect choice for fixing heavy objects is Krazy glue. It has a formula that gives it shock-resistant and long-lasting bonds. These bonds enhance the impact resistance of the glue and its strength. They also enable the glue to bear temperature change like too cold or too hot weathers. Your objects will last long despite the temperature and impact they receive, when you use Krazy glue. It also sets fast and does not take long to dry upon application.
Unlike most glues, this glue can be used on surfaces that don’t match, and vertical objects. This is so because it does not leave a mess like glues that drip. It is thick hence its flow is a bit restricted. It’s highly viscous.
Krazy glue is the best glue for porous objects such a pots and ceramics. However, you can also use it to stick other materials like plastics, metals, rubber or vinyl and it will function well. Its packaging has an extended tip which allows you to apply it in difficult places such as small holes where objects are to be inserted. The tip will fit perfectly and by pressing on the tube, you’ll manage to apply it in the hole.
Super Glue Multi Pack
- Original Super forms the strongest bonds on clean breaks of non-porous materials
- Super Glue for wood, ceramic, fingernails, metal, pottery, plastic, china, jewellery, and more
- Fast-drying formula bonds instantly and sets in 10-30 seconds; paintable and sand able
- Precision applicator eliminates runs and drips
- Reusable storage comes with 12-Count 2-gram tubes (24 grams total)
Super Glue Multi Pack comes in a package of twelve tubes, each tube with 2 grams. This glue has nice packaging that enhances its durability. It also has an airtight cap in each tube that makes the glue reusable with no difficulties. You still need to be careful with where you place it and how, for it to last long and be easily reusable.
Though most people find it hard to break the seals and open the package, it is not as hard. You only need to learn how to do so. For the package, it opens into two an upper and bottom side. Do not cut it for easy covering later. For the single tubes, use the cap to break the seal.
Once you apply it, it forms bonds immediately and it sets within no time. You can use your objects a few seconds after applying this glue and be sure that they will not part. You should not be quick to expose your objects to very harsh conditions. Use them lightly for a day so that the glue cures completely.
This glue is the best to be used between smooth surfaces or clean breaks. This is because it forms very strong bonds in compact joints. It is specially made to be best for non-porous materials like objects made of rubber or metal. It can also be used to repair wood, ceramics, pots and plastics, among others.
Loctite Super Glue
- RUBBER TOUGHENED: Loctite’s most durable cyanoacrylate super glue formula resists water, impact, shock, vibration for materials subject to daily use and harsh conditions
- NO DRIP OR RUN: No-mess formula is ideal for vertical applications and does not drip or run
- VERSATILE: Works well on a variety of porous and non-porous surfaces including leather, china, wood, rubber, metal, paper, ceramic, hard plastics and more
- INVISIBLE REPAIRS: Super glue gel formula sets without clamping and dries transparent for office, home, hobby, and crafting projects
This glue has a formula toughened by addition of rubber to enable it to form bonds that are flexible and resistant to water and impact. It is instant such that it joins your objects upon application. It dries without formation of clamps. It is also resistant to shock, vibrations, extreme temperatures.
It is fitting for application on vertical objects, porous surfaces and minor gaps that require filling. This is because it is thick and does not drip or run. It leaves no mess on your objects after application.
Loctite Super Glue is ideal for bonding objects that you use on a daily basis and that are exposed to harsh conditions. This is because it is the strongest glue. It is a multipurpose glue and can be used on surfaces or objects of different materials. You can use it on metals, wood, leather, fabric, hard plastics, ceramics, rubber and other materials.
It has a patented applicator that assists you to control the amount of glue that comes out. To release glue from the applicator, squeeze the sides. It also has a screw on its cap that ensures no glue clogs on the nozzle. To ease repeated use, store this glue in a dry place, and ensure the cap is air-tight. Also place it in an upright position.
- Rhino Glue Pro Kit, Heavy Duty 65 Gram Clear
- Bonds in seconds plastics, vinyl, wood, rubber, metals, canvas, acrylics, ceramic, glass and more
- Clear Stress Tough formula for impacts, shock, moisture, heat and vibrations
- Triple distilled adhesives for faster stronger bonds
- The Faster Stronger Tougher Glue!
Rhino Glue is sold as a package that comprises of rhino glue 40 grams, rhino glue gel 15 grams and a 10 grams brush on glue that has a brush inside the cap. All three of these products have the same formula. The brush on glue is used in very small projects to ensure bonding from edge to edge.
This glue is instant and bonds almost everything. It is triple distilled hence it works perfectly where other adhesives have failed. Its bonds do not fail when the objects are in use even after a long while. It does not have a very short setting time. This allows for proper spreading before it dries, ensuring it attaches only and all the desired areas. Its gel does not clog while drying.
It can be used very well on both similar and dissimilar surfaces. You can use it on ceramics, metals, glass, fabrics and plastics that are difficult to bond.
Its formula is toughened to aid it in forming bonds that are resistant to impacts, vibrations, temperature extremes like moisture and heat, and shock. This helps your objects to last long even when faced with harsh conditions. It is the reason why Rhino Glue is one of the best super glues.
What to Look for in a Super Glue
To fix objects in your house choose the best super glue. The one that suits your type of material, and your desires.
It is very usual to have items broken or cracked in the house. These items are not out of use because you can fix them. You can use glue to stick them together and have them continue functioning as before. It is very easy to repair your items when you use the best super glue.
Best super glues are considered so, because they take a short duration to dry and cure, they can be used on various materials, can be reused other couple of times, have good flow as desired and have strength to withstand conditions the equipment will be exposed to.Ty
Type of Glue
Before you buy a super glue, you’ll want to make sure that this is the right type of glue for your needs. In some cases, other types of glue might prove to be a better choice – for example, with furniture a wood glue is a better choice. So, make sure that you get the right type of glue for your needs.
The most important thing in my mind when using a super glue is the brand. You don’t need to spend a ton of money on a super glue for it to be decent quality, but some of the store brand super glues are just.. well, useless. So, it’s definitely worth getting a decent branded super glue if you want high quality.
Overall, a good super glue will be able to glue the majority of things in your household, and it’s an essential for any DIYer. Though there aren’t much between the best glues available, often the cheap glue that you’ll find in store aren’t the best, so it’s worth getting a trusted brand that you know it going to get the job done. Sticking with something on this list is a safe choice if you want to ensure you’re going to get a quality super glue.